Holi Special Chocolate Loaded Gujiya
Chocolate Loaded Gujiya is a pastry, filled with some dry fruits and thickened milk, giving it a twist with some dark and white chocolate and is best for Holi celebration.
Holi…Festival of colors and cuisines…reminds me days of my childhood when my mother were used to make gujiyas for all the family members and I just wait couple of hours to taste them. Gujiya is a crispy pastry made with refined flour (maida) and stuffed with khoya and dry fruits.I make gujiya in every spring festival like my mother were used to make.So what’s new for me in this season….actually I choose to twist my gujiya with dark and white chocolate stuffing with the regular khoya stuffing and it worked well.I think Chocolate works best everywhere:).
Chocolate Loaded Gujiya Recipe
- All Purpose Flour (maida) – 1 Cup
- Ghee – 2 Tablespoon + to deep fry
- Thickened Milk (Khoya/mawa) lightly roasted – 1/2 Cup
- Semolina (suji) roasted – 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Coconut powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Raisins – 7 to 8
- Powdered sugar – 1/3 Cup
- Grated Dark Chocolate – 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Grated White Chocolate - 1 1/2 Cup
- Roasted & Crushed Peanuts - 1 Tablespoon
- In a bowl take all purpose flour and add hot clarified butter(ghee) over it.
- Add lukewarm water and knead into a smooth and soft dough.
- Cover it and keep aside for some minutes.
- In a bowl take thickened milk khoya(mawa)
- Add roasted semolina, coconut powder, powdered sugar, raisins, roasted peanuts, grated dark chocolate, grated white chocolate into it.
- Mix all properly.
How to proceed
- Divide the dough into equal size of balls and roll out each ball into a circle.
- Place a portion of chocolate mava filling in the center of each circle.
- Apply a little water on the edges.Fold the circle in a half moon shape and seal it using water.
- Remove the excess sides with the help of knife or cutter.
- Deep fry the gujiyas in hot clarified butter(ghee) on medium heat till its turn golden brown.
- Take out and drain on an absorbent paper.
- Garnish with chocolate sauce and serve hot.
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.