“Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.”
― Jo Brand
What can be better than a chocolate for my debut blog as it starts with a chocolate cake. Chocolate always has a nice, romantic feel to it, and nobody wants to miss out on anything chocolaty. Having a chocolate cake with a nice cup of coffee definitely makes any one’s day enjoyable. Chocolate cake can be made egg-less too, and that can be just as soft as the one you find at the bakery. So I tried egg-less one and it came out really well. So a thought came up in my mind that I should share my experience with you guys. I made it with very simple ingredients and can be available in any grocery store. There was little mess and fuss with me when I was fighting with it. But once its made I was very much relieved as it was my debut recipe for this blog.
Chocolate cake was always sounding me heavy whenever I thought to make it. But its hardly takes 20 to 30 mins to be on the plate. Simple to make and delicious too!! I am sure it will be a delightful surprise for your partner.
Preparation Time: 15
Baking Time: 5 mins
Makes: 1 cake (good enough for 5 people)
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder-1/3 cup or Melted
- chocolate- 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
- Sift all purpose flour(maida) ,baking soda & baking powder.Keep aside.
- Beat powdered sugar and condensed milk till pluffy.Add oil.Beat well.
- Add milk and vanilla essence.Add all purpose flour,baking soda & baking powder mixture.Beat well for 3-4 mins till the mixture smooth & light.
- Take a micro-proof glass dish or plastic container.Grease the container with oil.Pour the cake batter into it.
- Microwave for 5 mins.Let it stand for 5 mins in the microwave.The cake is ready when it leaves the side of the container and spongy to touch.
- Let it cool.Invert the cake over the platter and tap to unmould the cake.
- Pour chocolate sauce and decorate with strawberry.
Enough of the static pictures and the steps list I guess, here is a video treat of the cake in making. Enjoy and do let me know how it went! Eggless Chocolate Cake – by Flavour Basket