Orange is the happiest colour.
Oranges made my day.This cake has everything going for it: a great texture, a sweet, orangey aroma, and wonderful flavor. I think I should name it sunny orange cake as it was shining like the sun.I like to play with different flavours so I give this cake a twist with cinnamon and cardamom and it tastes wonderful. I made this cake with fresh orange juice and orange zest and topped with the Cinnamon orange syrup.
Preparation Time: 15
Baking Time: 5 mins
Makes: 1 cake (good enough for 5 people)
For Cake For Cinnamon Orange Syrup
- Refined Flour – 1 cup Water – 1 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup Sugar – 2 to 3 tbs
- Milk – 1 cup Cinnamon Stick – 1 small
- Orange Juice – 1 cup Green Cardamom – 3
- Orange Zest – 1 tbs Orange Zest – 1/4 tbs
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp orange Juice – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
- Sift Refined flour(maida) ,baking soda & baking powder in a bowl.Keep aside.
- Beat powdered sugar and condensed milk till pluffy.Add oil.Beat well.
- Add orange juice, orange zest and vanilla essence.Add all refined flour,baking soda & baking powder mixture.Beat well for 3-4 mins till the mixture smooth & light.
- Take a micro-proof glass dish or plastic container.Grease the container with oil.Pour the cake batter into it.
- Microwave for 5 mins.Let it stand for 5 mins in the microwave.The cake is ready when it leaves the side of the container and spongy to touch.
For Cinnamon Orange Syrup
- In a hot pan add water, sugar,cinnamon stick,cardamom,orange zest and orange juice.
- Boil it for 5 mins on slow flame.
- Remove from the flame.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and cardamon.
How to Proceed
- Pour the cinnamon orange syrup over the cake and decorate with orange segments.
- Rub the orange on a zester or on the smallest holes of a cheese grater to get the orange coloring off. Just make sure you dont get too much of the white part of the skin. The white is more bitter where as the orange part is more pleasant.
- If using fresh orange juice make it just before you add it to the sugar-condensed milk-oil mixture.