Eggless Donuts are tempting dessert treat for all the vegetarian sweet lovers specially for children. These Donuts are freshly fried, awesome in taste and enticing snack treat for all the family members as these are prepared with some sugar dusting and dipped into chocolate at home with this easy recipe.
Preparation Time – 15 Mins
Resting Time – 1.5 hrs to 2 Hrs
Cooking Time – 2 to 3 Mins for each batch
Makes 12 Donuts
Craving for eggless donuts and to have them is just now no more rushing to a premium bakery shop and buy them. Now I can treat my family with these eggless donuts which I made at home and those were just like the ones from my favorite shop. I made them with simple ingredients which I already had in my pantry. I found many recipes mostly with eggs on the internet for donuts but wanna try eggless one so tried this recipe without adding egg and it came out perfect like the light ring with crispy surface. I glazed my eggless donuts with white chocolate, nutella and dark chocolate in which dark chocolate glazing is my invention test recipe 🙂 .
Ingredients For Eggless Donuts
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 2 1/4 Cups
- Milk – 1 Cup Lukewarm
- Butter – 1/4 Cup in room temp
- Sugar – 2 Tbs
- Salt – 1/2 Tbs
- Dry Active Yeast – 1 Tbs
- Oil – for frying
For Dark Chocolate Glazing
- Dark Chocolate – 1/2 Cup Melted
- Condensed Milk – 1 Tbs
- Milk – 3 Tbs or adjust
- Sugar as per taste
For Other Glazing
- Powder Sugar – For Dusting
- White Chocolate – 1/2 Cup Melted
- Nutella – 1/2 Cup
Method For Eggless Donuts
For Making donuts
- Take one bowl, add all purpose flour(maida), sugar, salt , dry active yeast and butter.Rub the mixture well.
- Add lukewarm milk and knead the dough.
- Keep kneading the dough for 5 to 7 mins to become it pluffy and soft.
- Dust some flour on to a rolling board.
- Make a ball and roll it with 1/2 cm of thickness.
- Cut the donuts with the help of a small bowl.
- To make the holes in donuts take a cap of a bottle and cut the center of the donuts.
- Grease a plate with oil and place the donuts on the plate.
- Brush all the donuts with some oil for not getting dry.
- Cover the donuts.
- Keep aside and rest them for 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs.After resting for 2 hours donuts will become double in size.
- Take oil in a pan and heat the oil, gently place the 2-3 donuts in the pan and fry them in low medium heat.
- Fry donuts in low flame until they become golden brown in colour.
- Take out the donuts in an absorbent paper.
- Cover the donuts with powder sugar while they are hot.
For Dark Chocolate Glazing
- Take melted chocolate in a bowl, add condensed milk and mix.
- Add milk and mix well.If mixture looks thick and is not in pouring consistency add little bit more milk to make it in pouring consistency.
- Add sugar to make it sweet as much your taste.
How To Glaze Eggless Donuts
- Melt the white chocolate and dip one side of the some donuts in melted white chocolate.
- Dip some donuts in dark chocolate glazing and some in nutella as well.
- Decorate the white chocolate dipped donuts with dark chocolate filled piping bags and dark chocolate dipped donuts with white chocolate filled piping bags.
- Grate some white or dark chocolate and sprinkle on the donuts.
- Put some gems over the chocolate dipped donuts.
- Fry the donuts only in low to medium heat to make them soft inside and little bit crispy from outside. Frying in very hot oil can make donuts worst.
- For piping the chocolate Milk Pouches can be used if you don’t have piping bags.
- The resting time for the donuts can be differ in different season.In winter or in any cool environment more time can be taken by donuts to raise.
And that’s it for the recipe method. For your recap, here is the video version: