Mushroom Peas Tacos are warm flavorful soft shell tacos, stuffed with fried white peas , fried mushroom and tangy mango – tomato salsa. its a perfect spicy food to have in breakfast or in dinner or fill your fridge at midnight with these yummy tacos.
Preparation Time – 35 Mins
Cooking Time – 40 Mins
Makes 10 Tacos (acc to size)
Taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla filled with different type of fillings. In most Taco dishes black beans is used as a base filling with different upper toppings like chicken , fish , seafood and vegetables. But I use white peas as a base filling and topped with mushroom and mango – tomato salsa. I think choose your toppings which suits your taste. I made these Mushroom Peas Tacos for my children party and they simply loved it .
Ingredients For Mushroom Peas Tacos
For White Peas filling For Mango – Tomato Salsa
- Dried White Peas (safed matar) – 1/2 Cup Mango – 1/2 Cup Chopped
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 Tbs Tomato – 1/2 Cup Chopped
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 Tbs Onion – 1/2 Cup Chopped
- Asafoetida Powder (Heeng) – 1/4 Tbs Mint Leaves – 1/4 Cup Chopped
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 Tbs Coriander Leaves – 1/4 Cup Chopped
- Red Chili Powder – 1 Tbs Green Chili – 1/4 Cup chopped
- Dried Mango Powder (Amchur Powder) – 1/2 Tbs Salt to taste
- Salt to taste
For Mushroom filling For Taco Shell
- Mushroom – 2 Cup Chopped Maize Flour (Makai Ka Atta) – 1 Cup
- Onion – 1 Chopped Plain Flour (Maida) – 1 Cup
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 Tbs Oil – 3 Tbs and for frying
- Salt to taste Salt to taste
- A little chopped cabbage (optional)
Method For Mushroom Peas Tacos
For White Peas filling
- Soak the dried white peas (safed matar) overnight.
- Cook the white peas in pressure cooker and drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan add cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- When crackle add asafoetida powder.
- Add boiled white peas.
- Add chaat masala powder, dried mango powder and red chili powder and mix well.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cook for 2 mins and when cooked mash the peas slightly.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion.
- saute chopped onion for 1 min then add chopped mushroom.
- Add black pepper and salt.
- Cook about 5 mins on a medium heat.
- When cooked remove from the flame.
For Mango – Tomato Salsa
- In a bowl add chopped mango, chopped tomato, chopped onion, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves and salt.
- Mix well all together.
- Keep aside.
For Taco Shell
- In a bowl take maize flour and plain flour and mix.
- Add oil, salt and lukewarm water and knead well to make a soft dough.
- Make equal size of balls of the dough.
- Roll the ball in circle and prick lightly with the help of fork.
- Deep fry in hot oil on both sides and take out on a clean cloth and then bend into a U shape by lightly pressing with the help of thin roller while hot.
- Keep aside and repeat the process for remaining balls.
- Keep aside the tacos.
How To serve Mushroom Peas Tacos
- Take a taco shell, in a fold of each taco shell fill the chopped cabbage, fried white peas, fried mushroom and mango – tomato salsa.
- Alternatively, serve the tacos and all the stuffing in separate dishes and let your guests make their own fillings to taste.
And that’s it for the recipe method. For your recap, here is the video version: