Bharwan Tinde is a special and delicious stuffed vegetable recipe with tinde (or apple gourd) stuffed with some Indian spices mix. These stuffed tinde can be served with roti or naan or with any other breads.
Cooking Time – 30 Mins
Makes 20 stuffed Tinde
Summers are best when you spend them at your parents place. This summer has lots to say as many gatherings happened with my loved ones and a new little member. And I actually learnt some cooking. Cooking is fun and sharing this experience to others is more fun.After taking a long break I am now here to share my other new recipe of a not so liked vegetable called Tinda or apple guard. I know it sounds boring but trust me bharwan tinde can make you love with this vegetable because it has all the flavors. Give it a try…its healthy, tasty and very easy to make.
Ingredients For Bharwan Tinde
- Tinde / Apple Guard – 20
- Oil – 2 Tbs
- Water as required
For Masala Mix
- Raw Mango puree – 1 Cup
- Coriander Seeds – 2 Tbs
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tbs
- Red Chili Powder – 1 Tbs
- Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 Tbs
- Cumin Seeds – 1/3 Tbs
- Oil – 3 Tbs
- Scooped out seeds of tinde/apple guard
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
Method For Bharwan Tinde
- Cut upper side of every tinda / apple guard and keep it aside.Scoop out all the seeds of every tinda and keep aside.
- Take all the ingredients for the masala and blend it into a smooth paste.
- In a hot pan or in a Kadhai take oil and pour the masala paste into it.
- Cook this masala mix for 10 mins and then remove from the flame.
- Fill the tindas with the portion of the fillings and close them with their respective upper sides.
- Leave some masala mix for the gravy.
- Heat oil in the same kadhai in which masala mix has been cooked.
- Add the stuffed tinde along with the remaining masala mix.
- Add some water and cover the kadhai.
- Cook for 20 mins on a low medium heat.
- When tinde will completely cooked remove from the flame.
- Serve hot.
And that’s it for the recipe method. For your recap, here is the video version: