Rasgulla is a super soft , milk- white and the famous bengali sweet which is relished in all over India and popular in abroad as well.Preparation Time – 15 Mins Cooking Time – 20 Mins Makes 10 rasgulla
This time I made the perfect Rasgulla…first two trial was the disaster. This time my Rasgulla were juicy, spongy and super soft. Its tricky to make perfect rasgulla but process is easy from the amount of lemon juice used to make the lump free chenna, to the right consistency of sugar water.
Ingredients For Rasgulla
- Full Cream Milk – 1 ltr
- lemon – 2 (squeeze out the juice)
For Sugar Syrup
- Water – 8 Cup
- Sugar – 2 Cup
Method For Rasgulla
- Boil the full cream milk.
- Once the milk starts boiling switch off the flame and wait for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice gradually and keep stirring gently.
- When completely curdled (when the chenna and the greenish water separates out ) strain the chenna using muslin cloth.
- Place the chenna with the muslin cloth and wash it with cold water for 2-3 times to remove the lemony flavour from the chenna.
- Tie and hang for 3 mins for extra water to drain out.
For Sugar Syrup
- Put the water in a wide and deep pan.
- Add the sugar and bring to boil whole stirring occasionally.
How To Proceed
- Meanwhile, squeeze the muslin cloth and drain out the remaining water.
- Take out the chenna from the muslin cloth to flat plate and knead it for 4 to 5 mins to make it smooth and lump free.
- Divide the chenna into equal portions and roll each portion into small balls using your palms.
- Now when the syrup is boiling add the balls into it and cover it.
- Boil the balls for 15 mins while checking in between for 1-2 times. Keep the flame on high.The water should be continuously boiling.
- The balls will become double in size,
- Switch off the flame and let it rest till rasgulla come in room temperature.
- Remove gently into a bowl, refrigerate and serve chilled.