Dal Kachori is a perfect kachori which is puffed up and flaky outside and it is filled with urad dal mixture and deep fried…perfect for morning or evening snack and can be relished with a cup of tea.Preparation Time – 30 Mins Cooking Time – 30 Mins Makes 20 – 25
I think perfect kachori is one that is flaky outside and hollow inside as the filling sticks to the crust. Just to make them one care has to be taken as these should be deep fried in very slow flame and you will get perfect khasta dal kachori.
Ingredients For Dal Kachori
- Plain Flour (Maida) – 1 Cup
- Wheat flour (Aata) – 1 Cup
- Semolina (Suji) – 1/4 Cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/4 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Split Black lentils (Urad Dal) – 1/2 Cup soaked for 4 hours
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds (jeera) – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds (saunf) – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida(Hing) Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala – 1 tablespoon
- Dry Mango(Amchur) Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into semi soft dough using enough luke warm water. Knead for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Covered the dough and rest it for some time.
- Drain the soaked urad dal and make paste of it using electric mixer.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and asafoetida powder.
- When the seeds crackle add the gram flour and saute for few seconds.
- Add the urad dal paste, garam masala, chaat masala, amchur powder, chili powder and salt.
- Mix and cook well the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes till the masalas are cooked.
- Cool for some time for filling.
How To Proceed
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Roll out a ball of the dough into a circle.
- Place a portion of the filling mixture in the centre of the rolled dough circle.
- Surround the filling mixture with the dough by slowly stretching it over the filling mixture.
- Seal the ends tightly and remove any excess dough.
- Roll the filled portion by taking care not to filling should split out.
- Make all the kachori.
- Deep fry the kachori in hot oil and in a low flame till they turned golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Deep fry the kachori in low flame by this kachori will get flaky on outside and puff like a puri. These take long time to fry as the crust is thick and needs to be cooked inside too.