Aloo Tikki Matar chaat..its a delight to watch boiled potatoes turn into patties and shallow fried in hot oil, served with the delicious chaat toppings, yellow peas and chutneys. First in all chaat counters and has a fan following its own.
- Preparation Time – 10 Mins
- Cooking Time – 20 Mins
- Makes 6 servings
As a kid we don’t have memories of our parents taking us out to eat chaat. First, outside food was kept at a distance and second, even the mention of spicy food was enough to raise eyebrows. So the only time we were able to sneak past some and finally confront the watering tongue of ours to reach the chaat stall was under the false assumption of extra classes. Those days were fun!
So, this time around we bring to you one of those childhood memories; those friends meetup points on the chaat stall and those winter late evenings when the hot aloo tikki matar chaat was just awesome 🙂 . So enjoy this Aloo Tikki Matar Chaat Recipe from Flavour Basket and live your childhood memories!!
Ingredients For Aloo Tikki Matar Chaat Recipe
For Aaloo Tikki
- Potatoes – 1½ Cup boiled and mashed
- Corn Flour – 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Yellow Peas(peeli matar) – 1½ Cup boiled
- Dry Mango (amchur) Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (zeera) seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Tomato
- Chopped Ginger
- Chopped Green Chilies
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Coriander (Dhania) Chutney
- Dry Mango(amchur) Chutney
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when seeds are cracking add asafoetida(hing).
- Add yellow peas, dry mango powder and salt.
- Mix all ingredients well and cook for for 1 min and remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Take boiled potatoes in a bowl, add salt and corn flour.
- Mash and mix all the ingredients well with hands.
- Take a spoonful of potato mixture and make a round ball.
- Press the ball gently into rounded flattish patties.
- Shallow fry on a pan, when golden brown and crisp its done.
- On a serving plate spread some yellow peas topping, put one potato patty over it then add more yellow topping.
- Garnish with some yogurt, chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped ginger, chopped green chilies, coriander chutney and dry mango powder chutney.
- Serve potato patties and yellow peas topping hot to take awesome taste of this Aloo Tikki Matar Chaat.