Chili Corn Fritters… Green chilies are stuffed and covered with mashed potato, seasoned with herb and spices, dipped in a corn meal batter and then fried in oil are perfect tea time snack.
- Preparation Time – 10 to 15 Mins
- Cooking Time – 10 to 15 Mins
- Makes 4 servings
Usually we have besan ke pakode with our evening tea.. but this time I have tried different combinations of flavours for tea time snack. Using corn meal batter instead of regular gram flour batter,it’s a good option for fritters. It taste good and are more crispy than gram flour fritters. Chili Corn Fritters has a unique taste as as it has corn meal as binder and we get the hot flavour of chili inside the fritters, stuffed with mashed potato.
- Potato – 1 Cup boiled and mashed
- Corn Meal Flour(Makai ka atta) – 4 Tablespoon
- Onions – 1/3 Cup chopped
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 teaspoon chopped
- Green Chilies – 6 to 7
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala – 1 tablespoon
- Corn Flour – 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- Cooking oil
Method For Chili Corn Fritters
- Take boiled potatoes in a bowl ,mash them and add chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves and chopped ginger.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chaat masala, corn flour and salt.
- Mix all together very well so that all the spices get mixed with potatoes and onions.
- In a different bowl take corn meal flour(makai ka aata) and add salt and chaat masala according to you taste.
- Make a thick batter using little bit of water.
- In all green chilies make a cut that runs through from top to bottom.
- Now wrap the potato mixture around the green chilies so it also act as the filling through the cut we made to the chilies.
- Make sure the chilies are nicely covered with the potato mixture.
- Now dip the potato covered chilies in corn meal batter nicely and deep fry them in hot oil till they are golden brown.
- Repeat the process with other chilies also and keep frying.
- Serve hot.