Festival of Holi has colors everywhere; be it the ones that you play with or the ones that are decorated on your food menu for the day. The food items for that day cannot be without the colors of variety. While there are many that go as all time favorites for this special day, few like Holi Gujiya and Papadia are a must.
And while we talk about the Gujiya and Papadia, we really can’t be without a nice cool drink. So it’s just a coincidence that we bring you a drink that is cool, goes well with the chocolate Gujiya and Papadia that we presented you with earlier and on top is a healthy drink. Need more reasons? We think no 🙂
Offer this fresh and homemade Thandai for your guest in this festive season. Enjoy this fresh Thandai like the way you want , strain it to make it smooth or you can enjoy mouth feel of all the ground nuts without straining it. Flavour Basket’ Holi Special Thandai recipe is without bhaang (marijuana or cannabis) so everyone can enjoy with a doubt 🙂
- Full Fat Milk - 4 Cups
- Powder Sugar - ¼ Cup
- A pinch of freshly ground Black Pepper(Kali mirch)
- Almond (Badam) - ¼ Cup
- Poppy seeds (Khas Khas) - 2 Tablespoons
- Fennel Seeds (saunf) - 2 Tablespoons
- Cardamom (ilaichi) Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Muskmelon (Kharbooja) seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Cashew Nuts - ¼ Cup
- Boil the milk in a deep pan, allow it to cool completely.
- Blend all the dry ingredients except powder sugar to make a fine powder.
- Combine the prepared powder, powder sugar and chilled milk using whisker and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pour equal quantities of Thandai into glasses.
- Serve chilled.