Instant Jalebi…A quick and tasty version recipe of Indian traditional dessert Jalebi is here to tickle your taste buds, make it at home with no hassle and in no time, finely made with a batter and dipped into a hot sugar syrup.
Instant Jalebi is now definitely in my menu for this festive season as Rakshbandhan is around the corner. Indian festivals are so fascinating as they bring different colours and diversity to our daily routine life. Family and friends bunch together to celebrate the whole festival with lots of energy, with some discussions and with lots of food. As food is much much important so why not we celebrate it with some home made cuisines…and of course some instant one to enjoy them with family, without spending late hours in the kitchen.
So here is the Instant Jalebi recipe to enjoy your quality time with family and with hot and fresh jalebies.
Instant Jalebi Recipe By Flavour Basket
An Instant recipe of Jalebi made with flour and yogurt, fried in hot oil and dipped in hot sugar syrup..Fresh and hot jalebi is now no more hassle to make 🙂
For Jalebi Batter
- All Purpose Flour - 1/2 Cup
- Corn Flour - 2 Teaspoon
- Eno Fruit Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Vinegar - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - 5 Tablespoon
- Yogurt - 5 Tablespoon(can be added more for the right consistency of batter)
- Orange Red Food Colour(optional)
For Sugar Syrup
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice(optional)
Oil for frying
For Sugar Syrup
- Put the sugar in a saucepan with the water and dissolve slowly over a low heat.
- Allow to simmer till it thickens slightly. Keep skimming the impurities from the top using a perforated spoon as and when they come.
- Combine all purpose flour, corn flour, vinegar and yogurt and whisk well.
- Add water and whisk well.
- If the batter is very thick yogurt can be mixed more to make the right consistency batter.
- Add eno fruit salt and mix well.
- Add orange red food colour to give it a more nice golden colour.
How To Proceed
- Select a ketchup bottle with a small hole in the lid and fill with the batter.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a broad non-stick pan and press the bottle to form a coil shaped jalebi, starting from the inside to the outside.
- Deep-fry till the jalebis turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place the fried jalebis into the warm syrup. Leave for 2 minutes or till they soak the sugar syrup well and then remove from the sugar syrup.
- Serve immediately.
Always add eno fruit salt at the end when all the ingredients are well mixed.
While frying the jalebi the oil or ghee should not be too hot to avoid burning and under cooking of jalebi.
For juicy jalebi the sugar syrup should be warm while soaking them.
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.
And for the video version of Instant Jalebi, Just Click Below!!