Vanilla Swiss Roll is a must try special treat for your guests and this classic light and airy roll have immense flavour of vanilla sponge cake and whipping cream on it.
Vanilla Swiss Roll
Vanilla Swiss Roll is in my favorite dessert as it’s easy to make and it looks so gorgeous that nothing can resist you from being a fan of this simple dessert. There can be different variety of flavours you can choose like chocolate, strawberry or anything as there are many exotic flavours present in this earth. I sometimes think we should always be thanked to our mother earth for providing us these different flavours 🙂 so I can create something new and delicious. For this Roll there is a technique to roll it..The sponge cake should be cooled completely before rolling it and there should be small rolls to save it from cracking. For designing the pattern I have used red food colour..or you can use strawberry crush or cherry crush to add some natural colour.
Vanilla Swiss Roll
Hey why not take a look to the printable recipe of this gorgeous Vanilla Swiss Roll :-).
A home made Vanilla Swiss Roll where swiss roll is made with eggless sponge cake with some beautiful design on it.
For Vanilla Sponge Cake
- All Purpose Flour - 1/2 Cup
- Milk - 1/2 Cup
- Condensed Milk - 1/4 Cup
- Powder Sugar - 1/4 Cup
- Vegetable Oil - 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Baking Powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Baking Soda - 1/4 Tablespoon
For The Swiss Roll Pattern (Next time it will be more beautiful as it was my first trial)
- Vanilla Sponge Cake Batter - 2 Tablespoon
- Red Food Colour - 1 Drop (can be used more for darker colour)
- Whipping Cream
For The Sponge Cake Batter
- Take powder sugar and condensed milk in a bowl and whisk well till the mixture become smooth.
- Sieve the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda together and add them into the powder sugar and condensed milk mixture.
- Add vegetable oil, vanilla essence and milk.
- Whisk all the ingredients well for 3 to 4 mins to make a smooth and fluffy batter.
- Keep It aside.
For the Swiss Roll Pattern Batter
- Take 2 tablespoon of vanilla sponge cake batter.
- Add 1 drop of red food colour and whisk well to blend red food colour completely in batter.
- Fill a piping bag, with plain nozzle fitted, red coloured batter.
- Keep it aside.
How To Proceed
- Line a 8'" square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Grease the parchment paper with oil or butter.
- Now make some designs on the parchment paper with the piping bag of red coloured batter.
- When the designs for pattern is complete, freeze the pattern for 10 mins.
- After freezing 10 mins, pour remaining vanilla sponge cake batter onto the baking pan and spred the batter evenly.
- Bake the cake in a pre-heated oven with 180°C for 8 to 10 mins.
- Do not over bake the cake otherwise it will be dry and may cause to cracking while rolling the cake.
- After baking rest the cake and let it cool completely
- After cooling the cake, spread whipping cream on it evenly.
- Now for rolling the cake, carefully lift one end of the parchment paper and roll up the sponge.
- Your Vanilla swiss roll is ready for any party 🙂 .
- You can slice it when your guests are arrived :-).
Freezing the pattern for 10 mins is important as it will hold the appearance of pattern just like the way it is. Some where my pattern was disturbed because I take out my swiss roll pattern before 10 min from the freezer.
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.
Vanilla Swiss Roll video Recipe