Badam Peda is as rich as a sweet can get. A special process of curdling almond paste with khoya turns it into a richly textured product, which when flavoured with cardamom becomes an intensely aromatic dessert that nobody can resist. While the aromatic fragrance and intense flavour make it a hit with adults, the amazing texture and succulent mouth-feel make it popular with kids.
This is a very quick recipe to make and most of the time is at the waiting period when you make the cake and let it rest for around 30 or so minutes. So for your gatherings where some quick dessert is required which has a healthy and heavy taste to it; this is a really good bet.
Try it out and let me know how it turned out!!
Check out the printable Badam Peda Recipe !
For Badam Peda
- Almond - 1 Cup
- Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas) - 1/4 Cup
- Khoya - 1 Cup
- Sugar - 2 Cups
- Milk - 2 Tablespoon
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) - 1 1/2 Cup
For Badam Peda
- Soak almond and poppy seeds overnight in water separately
- Take out the water from almond and peel them,strain the water from poppy seeds also.
- Blend the soaked almond with soaked poppy seeds to make a smooth paste.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan and add almond and poppy seeds paste into it.
- Cook the mixture till it becomes dry.
- Add khoya in it and cook it when khoya is well blended with the mixture.
- Add sugar and milk and cook for about for 7 to 8 minutes or till it becomes very thick.
- Let the mixture comes in room temperature and make small balls to make peda.
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.