Balushahi Recipe For all Festivals
Balushahi is an Indian Dessert similar to glazed doughnut made with all purpose flour, yogurt and baking soda and dipped into sugar syrup.
Balushahi is perfect for any festive season, and easy to make just make them with love. Follow the recipe to have a crunchy item coming to your plate to make your guests enjoy the crunch outside and the soft melting core inside. The sugar syrup just adds to the test and you will be amazed how your guests just fall in love with not only this Balushai but your cooking too.
The video recipe will have the step by step shown for easy following. Head over to it and you will have all the details 🙂
Here is the printable recipe of Balushahi 🙂
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 Cup
- Baking Soda - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Clarified Butter(Ghee) - 5 Tablespoon
- Yogurt (Dahi) - 3 Tablespoon
- Clarified Butter (ghee) - for frying
For Sugar Syrup
- Sugar - 2 Cup
- Water - 1 Cup
For Sugar Syrup
- Cook sugar and water in a pan till thickened or till syrup comes in one thread consistency.
- Keep aside.
- Sift all purpose flour and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Add clarified butter and mix it with the flour well.
- Add yogurt and make a medium soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 30 minutes and cover it with wet clean cloth to keep the dough cool.
- After resting the dough divide the dough in equal parts and shape each part in small ball.
- Take care not to overwork the dough. Make a slight dent in the center of the ball with your thumb. Keep the balls covered.
- Heat sufficient ghee in a kadai and when it is medium hot, add the prepared dough balls and deep fry on very low heat.
- Gradually the balushahis will start floating to the top. Turn gently and fry on the other side till golden. The entire process may take around half an hour to forty five minutes. Drain and allow to cool to room temperature. This can be overnight process.
- Soak the balushahies in the hot syrup for 2 minutes.
- Gently remove the balushahis from the sugar syrup and place on a serving plate.
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.
And how about a video recipe of Balushahi!