POTLI SAMOSA…A different and unique variation of samosa,It has a crispy texture outside and delicious and spicy filling inside, These are so much perfect for your any get-together as it has a shape like a little potli which is very easy to make and your guests definitely gonna love these little potli samosas. Why not try something new for your evening Chai 🙂
These Potli Samosas are easy to make unlike the regular samosa…just follow the steps and you will master to make this snack. You can also involve your kids to make these snacks as I bet they will enjoy making these little potlis. But when the frying times come I think kids should just wait to to eat these cute snacks.
So check out the printable recipe and video of Potli Samosa below :-).
Potli Samosa is another variation of samosa..it has a shape of Potli which is very innovative idea to impress your guests.
- Vegetable Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Coriander Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Fennel Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Green Chili - 1 Chopped
- Asafoetida Powder(Heeng) - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green peas (Hari Matar) - 1 Cup
- Boiled and Chopped Potatoes - 2 Cups
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Dry Mando Powder(amchur) - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Chat Masala Powder - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Coriander leaves chopped - 1/4 Cup
- Salt to Taste
For Potli Pastry
- All Purpose Flour - 1/2 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil - 2 Tablespoon and For Frying
- Luke warm Water
- Heat oil in a pan, add coriander seeds, fennel seeds and cumin seeds.
- Let the seeds be golden browned and crackle them.
- Add asafoetida powder and green peas.
- Let the green peas cook for about 5 mins. And when they become soft mash the green peas to come out the flavours.
- Add boiled chopped potatoes, garam masala powder, amchur powder and chat masala powder.
- Add salt and mix all together. Fry this mixture for 5 mins.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- let it cool completely and keep aside.
For Potli Pastry
- Mix all purpose flour, salt and vegetable oil together.
- add lukewarm water to make a soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 10 mins.
How to Proceed
- Roll out to little thin and big puris of prepared dough for outer layer.
- Put the stuffing ball in center; apply little water around the edges of puri.
- Seal the edges properly and give shape of potli.
- Similarly prepare other potlis.
- Heat oil in non stick pan and deep fry the potlis till it becomes little brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
To make the potli samosa crispy always fry them on medium heat
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.