Tiramisu is a coffee flavoured Italian dessert. I prepared in this recipe the Tiramisu shots. The main ingredients to the Tiramisu cake are the sponge or Lady fingers dipped in coffee. While this recipe is eggless so we prepare an eggless sponge cake that we could use in our version of recipe. However if you would like the egg to be part of the dish; you could add the egg in the preparation step for the sponge cake.
Prepare this variety of Tiramisu shots for your parties and be a STAR 🙂
Tiramisu Shot is an amazing and short version of Italian dessert Tiramisu. The original shape of the cake is round and often assembled in a big round or square glass bowl, which shows the various layers. In Italian actual meaning of Tiramisu is “pick me up”. It’s a dessert consisting of layers of sponge cake or lady fingers soaked in coffee or liqueur layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese. So I have made two changes here, I made this dessert eggless and keep my tiramisu layers in simple shot glasses so anyone can enjoy this dessert individually and you don’t have to cut and pick a portion of of your dessert just pick your Tiramisu Shot.
So check out the printable recipe and video of Tiramisu Shots below :-). You can also click Tiramisu Shots Photography for recipe in pictures.
A new version of Italian dessert Tiramisu in shot glasses.
For Eggless Sponge Cake
- Powder Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/2 Cup
- All Purpose Flour(Maida) - 1 Cup
- Refined Vegetable Oil - 1/2 Cup
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Baking Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Baking Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Drop
For Tiramisu Cream
- Vanilla Custard Powder - 2 Tablespoon
- Milk - 1 1/2 Cup
- Sugar - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Homemade Cream Cheese - 2 Tablespoon
- Whipping Cream - 1 Cup
- Icing Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
For Coffee Liquor
- Coffee Powder - 2 Tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
- Water - 4 Cup
For Eggless Sponge cake
- Combine the condensed milk and powder sugar in a deep bowl and beat for 2 minutes using hand whisker or electric beater.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda into the bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, vanilla essence and milk into the bowl.
- Beat altogether for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool.
For Coffee Liquor
- Mix coffee powder, sugar and warm water together and keep aside.
For Tiramisu Cream
- Combine the custard powder, sugar and 2½ tbsp of milk in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a deep pan, add the custard powder paste and whisk continuously till no lumps remain.
- Simmer the custard on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Remove from the flame and keep aside and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat.
- Now blend the chilled custard and cream cheese in an electric blender.
- In a deep bowl take the mixture of custard and cream cheese and fold the whipping cream with them by adding gradually.
- Now the cream for tiramisu us ready.
How To Proceed
- Now take the shot glasses in which tiramisu will be assembled.
- Cut the sponge cake into small round pieces just like the size of the shot glass's circumference as they are going to be assembled in glasses.
- To Assemble, soak the round pieces of cake in coffee liquor and put in glass to make a layer.
- In second layer fill the tiramisu cream.
- Again put soaked piece of cake in glass and cover it with tiramisu cream.
- Now sprinkle the coffee powder on top.
- You can make the chocolate garnishes on top too.
- Keep them in refrigerator for 2 hours at least before serving it.
Soak the cake pieces in coffee liquor well to make them very soft.
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.