Paneer Jalebi or Chhena Jalebi is a sweet dish, made with basic ingredient fresh cottage cheese called Chhena and is a another variation of regular Jalebis but It has its own different taste.
With Diwali just around the corner there is lot to be excited when it comes to Indian food. I am really crazy for Indian traditional food as Indian food have lots of flavours with some unique style. I really somehow think those who have invented these recipes they are simply genius. Paneer jalebi is a perfect example. They are crispy, melting in mouth and so delicious. I don’t know how halwai make these jalebis, its my attempt here to make perfect paneer jalebi. However, the basic ingredient is paneer or chhena which is fresh cottage cheese and easily available in market. I used homemade paneer for my paneer jalebi. Its cheap 🙂 and I think homemade is a nice option 😉 .
These paneer jalebis are so easy to make and for the perfect jalebis there are some points should be noticed as we all want to make any dessert perfect for our family and friends and specially on festivals. There are some small steps to keep in mind. I have follow all those step very passionately and the result were awesome.
First Step – Whisk the batter very well up-to 3 minutes by hand to make the jalebi melt in mouth.
Second Step – Fry the jalebis in medium heat to cook evenly. INSIDE and OUTSIDE.
When you bite them the softness and the crunch should be in equal proportion and this makes the paneer jalebi different from REGULAR JALEBI .
Third Step – Try to make jalebi with the help of PIPING BAG and a DESIGNER TIP.
This will make your jalebi so gorgeous in looks too.
Fourth Step – Add lemon juice in sugar syrup to stop the sugar from crystallization. This will keep your jalebi fresh.
And here is the printable version of Paneer Jalebi recipe 🙂 .
How To Make Perfect Paneer Jalebi For This Diwali
Paneer Jalebi, crunchy outside and soft inside, is a delicious melt in mouth cheese dessert. Its a different variation of a regular jalebi.
For Sugar Syrup
- Sugar - 3/4 Cup
- Water - 1/4 Cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 Teaspoon
For Paneer Jalebi
- Paneer/Chhena/Cottage Cheese - 1 Cup
- All Purpose Flour - 1 Tablespoon
- Corn Flour - 1 Tablespoon
- Baking Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Water as Required
- Clarified Butter(Ghee) or Vegetable Oil For Frying
For Sugar Syrup
- Combine the sugar and in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar syrup is of 1 thread consistency.
- Add lemon juice.
- Keep it warm.
For Paneer Jalebi
- Combine all purpose flour, corn flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a clean bowl.
- Add little bit water to make it right consistency batter showed in video.
- Whisk the batter well.
- Add Paneer/chhena/cottage cheese and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes by hand or you can use blender to blend the batter.
How to Proceed
- Take a piping bag and a tip, insert the tip into the piping bag and fill piping bag with batter.
- Make a tiny cut on tip of the piping bag.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and press the piping bag to form a coil shaped jalebi, starting from the inside to the outside.
- Deep-fry till the jalebis turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place the fried jalebis into the warm syrup. Leave for 2 minutes or till they soak the sugar syrup well and then remove from the sugar syrup.
- Serve immediately.
Always transfer the hot paneer jalebis straight into the sugar syrup after frying it. Sugar syrup should not be too hot it should be warm enough, otherwise paneer jalebis will become too soft. Fry the paneer jalebis in medium heat to cook inside too.
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.
And also click on my video recipe 🙂