Badam Peda is as rich as a sweet can get. A special process of curdling almond paste with khoya turns it into a richly textured product, which when flavoured with cardamom becomes an intensely aromatic dessert that nobody can resist. While the aromatic fragrance and intense flavour make it a hit with adults, the amazing texture and succulent mouth-feel make it popular with kids.
This is a very quick recipe to make and most of the time is at the waiting period when you make the cake and let it rest for around 30 or so minutes. So for your gatherings where some quick dessert is required which has a healthy and heavy taste to it; this is a really good bet.
Try it out and let me know how it turned out!!
Check out the printable Badam Peda Recipe !
For Badam Peda
- Almond - 1 Cup
- Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas) - 1/4 Cup
- Khoya - 1 Cup
- Sugar - 2 Cups
- Milk - 2 Tablespoon
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) - 1 1/2 Cup
For Badam Peda
- Soak almond and poppy seeds overnight in water separately
- Take out the water from almond and peel them,strain the water from poppy seeds also.
- Blend the soaked almond with soaked poppy seeds to make a smooth paste.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan and add almond and poppy seeds paste into it.
- Cook the mixture till it becomes dry.
- Add khoya in it and cook it when khoya is well blended with the mixture.
- Add sugar and milk and cook for about for 7 to 8 minutes or till it becomes very thick.
- Let the mixture comes in room temperature and make small balls to make peda.
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.
Dal Kachori is a perfect kachori which is puffed up and flaky outside and it is filled with urad dal mixture and deep fried…perfect for morning or evening snack and can be relished with a cup of tea.
Preparation Time – 30 Mins
Cooking Time – 30 Mins
Makes 20 – 25
I think perfect kachori is one that is flaky outside and hollow inside as the filling sticks to the crust. Just to make them one care has to be taken as these should be deep fried in very slow flame and you will get perfect khasta dal kachori.
Ingredients For Dal Kachori
- Plain Flour (Maida) – 1 Cup
- Wheat flour (Aata) – 1 Cup
- Semolina (Suji) – 1/4 Cup
- Vegetable Oil – 1/4 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Split Black lentils (Urad Dal) – 1/2 Cup soaked for 4 hours
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds (jeera) – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds (saunf) – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida(Hing) Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala – 1 tablespoon
- Dry Mango(Amchur) Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
Method For Dal Kachori
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into semi soft dough using enough luke warm water. Knead for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Covered the dough and rest it for some time.
- Drain the soaked urad dal and make paste of it using electric mixer.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and asafoetida powder.
- When the seeds crackle add the gram flour and saute for few seconds.
- Add the urad dal paste, garam masala, chaat masala, amchur powder, chili powder and salt.
- Mix and cook well the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes till the masalas are cooked.
- Cool for some time for filling.
How To Proceed
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Roll out a ball of the dough into a circle.
- Place a portion of the filling mixture in the centre of the rolled dough circle.
- Surround the filling mixture with the dough by slowly stretching it over the filling mixture.
- Seal the ends tightly and remove any excess dough.
- Roll the filled portion by taking care not to filling should split out.
- Make all the kachori.
- Deep fry the kachori in hot oil and in a low flame till they turned golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Deep fry the kachori in low flame by this kachori will get flaky on outside and puff like a puri. These take long time to fry as the crust is thick and needs to be cooked inside too.
Rasgulla is a super soft , milk- white and the famous bengali sweet which is relished in all over India and popular in abroad as well.
Preparation Time – 15 Mins
Cooking Time – 20 Mins
Makes 10 rasgulla
This time I made the perfect Rasgulla…first two trial was the disaster. This time my Rasgulla were juicy, spongy and super soft. Its tricky to make perfect rasgulla but process is easy from the amount of lemon juice used to make the lump free chenna, to the right consistency of sugar water.
Ingredients For Rasgulla
- Full Cream Milk – 1 ltr
- lemon – 2 (squeeze out the juice)
- Water – 8 Cup
- Sugar – 2 Cup
- Boil the full cream milk.
- Once the milk starts boiling switch off the flame and wait for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice gradually and keep stirring gently.
- When completely curdled (when the chenna and the greenish water separates out ) strain the chenna using muslin cloth.
- Place the chenna with the muslin cloth and wash it with cold water for 2-3 times to remove the lemony flavour from the chenna.
- Tie and hang for 3 mins for extra water to drain out.
- Put the water in a wide and deep pan.
- Add the sugar and bring to boil whole stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the muslin cloth and drain out the remaining water.
- Take out the chenna from the muslin cloth to flat plate and knead it for 4 to 5 mins to make it smooth and lump free.
- Divide the chenna into equal portions and roll each portion into small balls using your palms.
- Now when the syrup is boiling add the balls into it and cover it.
- Boil the balls for 15 mins while checking in between for 1-2 times. Keep the flame on high.The water should be continuously boiling.
- The balls will become double in size,
- Switch off the flame and let it rest till rasgulla come in room temperature.
- Remove gently into a bowl, refrigerate and serve chilled.
Chocolate Burfi is made from milk and dark chocolate, a special dessert for festival and parties, take a bite and chew for a minute to let the flavours float in your mouth and let your taste buds arouse.
Preparation Time – 5 Mins
Cooking Time – 45 Mins
Makes 10 burfi
Chocolate is favourite to everyone specially kids like it more So here my second dessert for this festive season is Chocolate burfi. Again this dessert is also in easy recipes list as it has only three ingredients full cream milk, chocolate and sugar. I have used white chocolate too for the topping of Chocolate burfi.
Ingredients For Chocolate Burfi
- Full Cream Milk – 1 ltr
- Dark Chocolate – 1/3 Cup
- Sugar – 3 Tbls
- White Chocolate – 1/4 Cup
Method For Chocolate Burfi
- Cook the milk on high and medium flame while stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar when milk becomes slightly thick or semi solid.
- When the mixture becomes thick switch off the flame.
- Add dark chocolate and mix it till the chocolate melted completely.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture on a greased plate and spread it evenly using a flat spoon.
- Keep aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in double boiler or in microwave.
- Spread it evenly on to chocolate mixture.
- Let it cool in room temperature.
- Once cool make square cuts on the chocolate mixture and refrigerate for 20 to 30 mins.
- Cut into pieces.
- Serve or store it.
Coconut Laddoo are ball shaped sweet, a mouth-watering variety of laddoo that simply melts in your mouth! This combination of coconut with milk and sugar can never go wrong. A favourite in festive season when it comes to make something in hurry.
Preparation Time – 10 Mins
Cooking Time – 45 Mins
Makes 20 to 25 Laddoo (acc to size)
Festive season is all around the corner and this time I am preparing all the sweets and dessert for this festive season on my own. So Coconut Laddoo are first in my list and more will come shortly. Coconut Laddoo are really super easy to make and tasty too. I made these laddoo with full cream milk which is easily available in market. Normally I don’t follow recipes , I just take the idea and try to make it in my way so here how I made these Coconut Laddoo..continue scrolling..:)
Ingredients For Coconut Laddoo
- Full Cream Milk – 1 ltr (boiled)
- Grated Coconut – 200 gms
- Sugar – 1 1/4 Cup
- Cardamom (elaichi) Powder – 1 tsp
- Food Colour – Green , Yellow and Red (optional)
Method For Coconut Laddoo
- Combine the milk, grated coconut and cardamom powder in a deep pan and cook on a medium flame , while stirring occasionally.
- When mixture becomes thick add the sugar.
- When all the sugar absorbed by the mixture reduce the flame and cook for more minutes.
- Remove from the flame and divide the mixture in 3 equal parts.
- Add the different food colours in different parts of mixture.
- Apply little ghee on your palms and make balls of the mixture to a medium size laddoo.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated.