Remember the time when the party menu was ready but there was always confusion for a dessert!! We have all faced it; every now n then. And then the confusion gets deep to finally land it on the usual sweets or pastries or possibly a halwa. Don’t forget to look at our Top 5 dessert recipes that we compiled sometime back for you.
Still on this post? If you are still reading this post, it means our Top 5 desserts list didn’t fancy you. No problem! Yes, no problem at all as we bring to you a new member to our desserts family: Eggless Bread Pudding !!
Eggless Bread Pudding Dessert
Eggless Bread Pudding Dessert
Dry Fruits : chopped
Vanilla Essence : 1 tbsp
Vanilla Custard Powder : 2 tbsp
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Butter : 2 tbsp
Milk : 3 cup n warm
Whole Wheat Bread Slices : As per need
Start by greasing the baking dish with melted butter
Grease it nicely as well as on the sides to avoid the pudding sticking to the dish
Take the bread slices and cut them into equal 4 parts
Arrange these sliced pieces into the baking dish to make the base layer of our pudding
Once done, sprinkle some dry fruits on this bread layer
Sprinkle the dry fruits well so as to create a nice mid layer
Once satisfied, create another layer of bread slices on top of this dry fruit layer
Now to create our custard paste; mix the sugar and butter to the warm milk and mix nicely
Create the custard mix in a small bowl with some milk, mix nicely and finally add to the milk and butter mix
Add vanilla essence to this mix and mix nicely
Make this custard paste viscous as per your taste
Once satisfied, pour this custard mix/paste on the bread layers that's sitting in our baking dish
Make sure to spread the custard paste evenly over the bread layer
Let the bread soak the custard mix for a few minutes
In the meantime, preheat your oven at around 190 degrees
Once the oven is ready, bake the dish for about 20-25 minutes
That' it, serve it with chocolate syrup and hot coffee 🙂
Serve hot or serve cold. Similarly serve with hot coffee or cold as per your mood !!
Copyright © Flavour Basket™ 2014-2015.
Eggless Bread Pudding Dessert – Video Recipe
In case you require to have a look at the step by step visual recipe, we had Stuti Srivastava on our sets to put the recipe into a wonderful dessert. Here is the look at the Eggless Bread Pudding Dessert Video Recipe:
Gajar Halwa, made with grated carrots, milk, sugar, dry fruits and ghee, has a divine taste and aroma that take you to another world.
- Preparation Time – 15 Mins
- Cooking Time – 40 Mins
There might be many shortcut to make gajar halwa but only traditional method yields the richest taste. Eating hot gajar halwa in winter season can be sensational to anyone’s taste buds. It has all the goodness of carrot and dry fruits and I think we can control the sugary part of this halwa by adding little sugar as per our taste. I made it in bulk and store it so me and my family can enjoy it any time.
Ingredients For Gajar Halwa
- Shredded Carrots – 2 Kg
- Full Cream Milk – 1.5 ltr
- Sugar – 2 1/2 Cup
- Ghee (clarified butter) – 3/4 Cup
- Chopped Almonds (badam) – 2 Tablespoon
- Chopped Cashew (Kaju) – 2 Tablespoon
- Raisins (Kishmish) – 2 Tablespoon
- Cardamom (elaichi) Powder – 1 Tablespoon
Method For Gajar Halwa
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the milk and reduced it till it become half.
- Randomly heat the ghee in different pan and saute shredded carrots till it become lightly soft.
- Add the reduced milk and turn the heat to medium high and allow the mixture to boil.
- Once boil turn the heat to medium low and cook the gajar halwa till entire milk is evaporated.
- Keep stirring the gajar halwa to prevent the halwa from sticking to the pan.
- Mean while the gajar halwa is cooking roast the chopped almond, cashew and raisins using little bit of ghee till they turn golden brown.
- When all the milk is evaporated and the gajar halwa mixture is thickened add the sugar and mix well.
- Keep stirring the halwa until the halwa is thickened little more.
- Once the gajar halwa has thickened to a good consistency add the cardamom powder and roasted dry fruits.
- Turn off the heat halwa is ready to be served.
- You can use dry fruits of your choice and for the low fat version of this gajar halwa use toned milk instead of full cream milk.